From the past few years, we’ve seen a big galore of affordable & budget projectors cropping up in the market.
It’s a significant victory for average consumers like you and me. Although, tons of low-quality projectors promise a lot and deliver very little.
Incidentally, there are many good-quality projectors; however, their brand isn’t well known. Hence, it can be confusing to pick the best ones among a bunch of duds.
Wimius is one such brand that offers the best quality projectors at an affordable price. In the Wimius P20 review, we’ll take a look at the projector’s initial impression, design, built quality, and performance.
Later, we’ll let you know should you invest your hard-earned money into this affordable projector, or are there better options available.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
Wimius P20 Review
- 【Brightest & Native 1080P Projector】If other 9800 lux projector is dim, let's try P20. The brightness of newest P20 projector is improved by 20%, and it has a native 1920 x 1080P resolution support 4K, a contrast ratio 10000: 1, which will bring you 4 times more details than other 1080P projectors. Moreover the best super-color display technology produce richer and more realistic color images, giving you true cinema experience. With an external Wifi display dongle, it can be a wifi projector.
- 【±50° Keystone Correction & Zoom Function】It has electronic both vertical and horizontal ±50°keystone correction, which is very convenient for use. With this function, the projector can support slanting projection (±50°). Moreover, it has 100%-50% zoom out function. You could shrink the screen on the remote without moving the projector. It's easier to adjust the size of the image.
- 【Dual 10W Hi-Fi Stereo Speakers & Low Noise】 This FHD 1080P LCD projector adopt dual 10W Hi-Fi stereo sound speaker, which will give you wide treble, precise midrange and powerful bass. In addition, the advanced heat dissipation system can reduce noise by 50%. That means our fan noise is two times lower than other native 1080P projectors.
- 【Multi-Connection & Screen Synchronization】This home theater projector can be compatible with PC, Laptop, USB stick, Fire TV stick, Ruku Stick, Chromecast,TV box and Smartphones and bluetooth speakers (with extra bluetooth transmitter). To connect with smartphone,an external wifi display dongle is needed. It is equipped with USB / HDMI / AV / VGA inputs. Easy to connect with multiple devices. Just plug and play.
- 【Professional Support & 3 Years Warranty】WiMiUS has been in projector field for more than 10 years. All issues will get professional answers within 24 hours during business days. In addition, we cover 3 years warranty, including half year free return. Any questions, email us anytime.
First Impression & Design
The Wimius P20 comes in a sizeable box that looks bigger than I anticipated. Unboxing is very straightforward. You get the projector encased with rugged padding and another box containing the accessories.
Once you remove the projector from its protective bag, the Wimius P20 looks slightly bigger than the pictures. The front features the projection lens, IR receiver, and perforations for heat removal. You can also see a silver strip that runs across the projector’s front for improved visuals.
The projector’s top is almost empty and only features the Wimius logo and control buttons, including the Power ON/OFF button.
The left side features connectivity options like VGA port, AV port, and audio out. You can also see two speakers placed below these connectivity options.
The back includes additional connectivity options like 2x HDMI ports and 2x USB ports. You can also see a second IR receiver and a power source ON/OFF toggle switch.
As mentioned above, you also get an accessories box with this projector. The box includes a remote control, power cable, HDMI cable, VGA cable, AV cable, 3-in-1 AV cable, and an instruction manual.
The Wimius P20 is a mid-size projector that weighs 5.5 pounds and measures 12.2 inches wide, 8.7 inches deep, and 4 inches high. In comparison, the Wimius K1 offers similar specifications in a lightweight and smaller body, albeit at a slightly higher price.
Design-wise, the Wimius P20 isn’t my cup of tea. I’ve seen better-designed projectors at similar and lower price points too. My preferred projector at this price is the Yaber V7 Pro, which has killer looks and incredible performance, and is the best projector under $300 and for dorm room usage.
Built Quality & Performance
The Wimius P20 has a full-body plastic build. The built quality isn’t extraordinary yet apt for daily usage. For the price it’s sold at, do expect slight panel gaps here and there, and around the connectivity ports.
Its slightly bigger size doesn’t exactly make it portable, nor does the package comes with a carrying bag, as seen in few budget projectors. In contrast, our favorite $100 projector also comes with a zippered carrying bag.
As seen in most budget projector listings, you can see the rated brightness output at 7200 lumens. It is a marketing gimmick, and as an informed customer, you shouldn’t fall for it.
While I was not able to test the exact ANSI lumens; however, from my experience, you can expect around 300-400 lumens brightness from the Wimius P20.
Thus, you’ll need a moderately dark room to get the best picture quality. Through the projector’s OSD menu, you can also make multiple changes to set the image output according to your preference.
The OSD menu isn’t intuitive, although you can make quick changes for:
- Picture Mode
- Color Temperature
- Horizontal Zoom
- Vertical Zoom
- Noise Reduction
- Color Range
- Projection Mode (Ceiling Mode)
- 4D Keystone Correction
Most of these settings are self-explanatory, whereas the 4D Keystone Correction allows you to make horizontal and vertical keystone adjustments. Many budget projectors at this price point only come with a vertical keystone adjustment feature.
4D Keystone Correction allows you to get an even and rectangle picture frame regardless of the projector placement. Hence, you can place this projector at the corner of your room and still adjust it to display a rectangular projection.
However, the provided remote control is very clicky and noisy. Hence, going through all these options, you’ll have to bear the remote control’s hard clicking sound with every use.
Due to its low brightness output, the Wimius P20 usability is limited to a darker environment. Up to an 80% dim room, this projector offers great picture output. However, in a brightly lit room, the picture output gets washed out and is barely visible.
Talking about specifications, the Wimius P20 comes with 1920 x 1080p Full HD native resolution. Compared to 720p projectors, you get better and sharper image reproduction. Moreover, the 10,000:1 contrast ratio makes the picture output vibrant.
You can expect up to ±50° horizontal and vertical keystone correction, and the projector is equipped with 10W speakers. The Bluetooth connectivity ensures you can wirelessly connect the Wimius P20 to your Bluetooth headphones or speakers.
Important Features & Functions
Wimius P20 Review: Pros & Cons
I have mixed feelings for the Wimius P20. While I love the features that it offers, I feel the design is a bit outdated.
Moreover, the Wimius P20 looks slightly bigger for a budget projector, which takes away the portability factor associated with most budget and affordable projectors.
While, it does offer important features like high color gamut, ±50° keystone correction, and loud speakers. I did find the built quality not up-to-the-mark, and the high power consumption is also a primary concern.
Hence, if you have a budget close to $300, I’d suggest going for the Wimius W1 that offers slightly better specifications in a smaller casing. However, if you want the best projector you can buy under $300, you should definitely go with my favorite pick, the Yaber Pro V7.
If you have any questions regarding this projector, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
Liked this article? Please consider sharing it on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.