Gone are the days when you need to shell out thousands of dollars to get a decent quality projector.
Currently, there’s a big boom in inexpensive and compact projectors that offer excellent features at a very low price. Thus, you can get a good quality projector under $200 that offers HD resolution, high brightness, and supports multiple connectivity options.
Budget projector brands like GooDee are at the forefront of this revolution, and we’re going to check out its GooDee YG600 projector.
In this GooDee YG600 review, we’ll check the projector’s design, built quality, and performance. Later, we’ll let you know should you purchase this projector for the price it’s offered at.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
GooDee YG600 Review
- 🎄2022 Upgraded Brightness: As GooDee best seller projector, we improved the brightness, added 80% brighter than other ordinary projectors. 3000: 1 contrast ratio provides a brighter image and wider viewing even in slight light or outdoor place such as Backyard, Garage and Camping.
- 🎁Native 1080p Supported & Latest Cooling System: Supporting 1080P Full HD native resolution, offers a ultra accurate & vivid video quality. We adopt the newest cooling system, improved fan design and the application of innovative materials to reduce the noise, extend the bulb life time, create a quieter and warmer environment.
- 🎄230" Max Screen & Internal Hi-Fi Stereo: Giant 230 inches display size with an aspect ratio of 16: 9/4: 3. The viewing screen is 44"-230" with distance 4. 9ft-18ft, 98" screen with distance 10ft is optimal. Complete your home theater equipment with 2 built-in 3W speakers. GooDee updated HI-FI Stereo with SRS sound system, provides fantastic powerful and crystal listening experience even without external speakers.
- 🎁Easily Connecting Your Multimedia Devices: Comes with 2*HDMI/2*USB/VGA/AV ports, this video projector can easily connect with TV Box, Fire Stick TV, Chromecast, PC, laptop, tablet, external speakers, Xbox, DVD player, PS3, PS4, USB stick, media players, iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone and etc. Perfect for playing video, TV series, presentation, outdoor movie, gaming and etc.
- 🎄5 Years Factory Support: GooDee provides 5 years for the projector. If you're not completely satisfied with the order, please let us know and you'll be offered a refund or replacement alternatively within the first 2 months. Lifetime professional customer service & Technical. Absolutely risk-free purchase for you.
First Impression & Design
At first look, the GooDee YG600 seems like a compact projector. It measures 12 inches wide, 9.3 inches deep, and 4.7 inches high. Compared to its competitors, the GooDee YG600 is very lightweight and weighs just 5 pounds. Thus, it won’t be cumbersome to carry around this projector with you.
The projector comes in a matte black casing with rounded edges. In addition, the casing’s left and right sides consists of ventilation ports for easy heat dissipation. In comparison, the front features the projection lens, and the back consists of multiple connection ports.
In terms of connectivity, you get a plethora of wired connection options. It includes 2x HDMI ports, 2x USB ports, VGA port, AV port, headphone jack, and an SD Card slot. The back also has an IR sensor, an On/Off switch, and a 3W speaker.
The projector’s top consists of a focus ring and keystone adjustment ring, right above the projection lens. Moreover, you get also get a control panel and 4 navigational keys. The control panel contains buttons for power On/Off, Return, Source Select, and Menu.
The GooDee YG600’s base features a kickstand, 4 rubber feet, and exhaust vents. Moreover, there are four threaded M3 holes for ceiling mounting this projection. Thus, you can either keep this projector on a coffee table or ceiling mount it for better and bigger projection.
Inside the projector’s box, you get the projector along with an HDMI cable, power cable, AV cable, instruction manual, and small remote control.
Built Quality & Performance
Considering its price, the built quality on GooDee YG600 is decent. The casing is entirely built out of plastic and can last multiple years without any issues.
While the projector can take rough beating of day-to-day usage; however, a fall from waist height can be enough to damage the projector’s internals and the outer casing. It’s because the projector consists of multiple lenses for projection display.
Talking about performance, the GooDee YG600 has a native resolution of 1280 x 768p, which roughly translates to HD resolution. Although, it can support content with 1920 x 1080p Full HD resolution.
This projector uses LCD projection technology, and an LED bulb handles the lighting department. GooDee rates the LED bulb to last up to 50,000 hours; however, you should expect a realistic lamp life of around 15,000-20.000 hours. GooDee hasn’t mentioned the exact brightness output of this projector. However, from my experience, I can say this projector offers up to 200-300 lumens brightness output.
Hence, I’d suggest using this projector in an 80% dim room to get a bright projection. In such conditions, you’ll be able to enjoy the projection at its best. Otherwise, in a bright room or during the daytime, the projection will look washed out and not ideal for trouble-free viewing.
Since the GooDee YG600 doesn’t feature a zoom adjustment, you need to be very careful while ceiling mounting the projector. It is capable of producing up to 200-inch projection from a distance of 18 feet.
The projector works well between 45 to 60-inch projection because you get an outstanding balance between brightness, color output, and image clarity. Hence, keep the projector from 5-7 feet from the projection screen/wall, and you’ll hit the sweet spot.
To get an even projection, you can use the keystone adjustment dial on the projector’s top. You can adjust the keystone by ±15°, which isn’t much but helps get the job done. In addition, the focus ring allows you to get a clear and blur-free image projection.
Talking about picture quality, the GooDee YG600 offers contrast ratio of 3000:1. If you’ve never used a projector before, you’ll enjoy watching movies and TV shows on this projector. Although, if you can shell out $100 more, you can get the Viewsonic PA503X, which offers 3500 lumens brightness and better picture quality than the GooDee YG600.
As mentioned above, the GooDee YG600 sports a 3W speaker. Unfortunately, this speaker is of mediocre quality, and I’d suggest getting a Bluetooth speaker to improve your auditory experience.
With a plethora of connectivity options, you can connect plenty of devices to this projector, including a computer, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, USB drive, mobile phone, iPad, and laptop. In addition, you can watch your favorite movie or TV show by storing them on a pen drive or SD card and connecting it to this projector.
To get the best movie experience, you can also connect streaming media players like Amazon Fire Stick, Chromecast, and Roku. You can connect these devices through the HDMI port and enjoy the latest content at your wish.
Important Features & Functions
GooDee YG600 Review: Pros & Cons
To be completely honest, the GooDee YG600 doesn’t do anything extraordinary than its similarly-priced competitors. However, what it does, it does well, and you won’t have complaints with this projector.
If you want a projector for casual usage, you won’t go wrong with the GooDee YG600. Although, if you can spend a little more, I’d suggest going for the Yaber Pro V7 projector. It’s because you get native 1920 x 1080p resolution and support for up to 4K resolution for slightly more moolah.
Moreover, you get better brightness output and contrast ratio. The Yaber Pro V7 also includes dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity options.
If you have any questions regarding this projector, please don’t hesitate to leave them in the comments section below.
Liked this article? Please consider sharing it on social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.