Artlii Energon 2
The Artlii Energon 2 is an excellent budget-oriented projector that offers much need features. It has a beautiful design and will go well anywhere you place it. It offers superb specifications like Full HD resolution, 340 ANSI lumens and 7000:1 contrast ratio.
Finding a budget projector is a challenging task, but finding a budget projector that looks good is even more challenging, right?
There are thousands of inexpensive projectors available in the market; however, choosing one that fits your needs and has incredible performance is tricky.
This is where the Artlii Energon 2 comes in. Artlii isn’t a renowned projector brand; however, they have some excellent projector models under their arsenal that work well and also look good.
Hence, in this Artlii Energon 2 review, we’ll see if the projector delivers what it promises. In this review, we’ll go over the projector’s design, built quality and performance, and let you know if you buy this projector or are better options available.
Are you ready?
Let’s get started!
Artlii Energon 2 Review
- 【🔥 Native 1080p FHD, 4K UHD support】Artlii Energon 2 uses an original physical resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels, supports 4K, and has 5 layers of high refractive glass lens. You can also connect to a streaming TV stick (not included) to watch your favorite streaming services like Netflix and Disney Plus.
- 【🔥 340 ANSI lumens & 17 Million Color Range】Improved with an Mstar performance chip and TFT LCD technology, Artlii Energon 2 provides 340 ANSI lumens brightness, which is much brighter and more colorful than other 1080p WiFi Bluetooth projectors. Color gamut is up to 80% of NTSC which provides up to a 17 million color range, and can display 100% RGB color signals
- 【🔥 Fast & Stable 2.4G/5G WiFi & Bluetooth Connection】 With the latest WiFi connection, Artlii Energon 2 enables you to mirror your smartphone screen using either 2.4G or 5G WiFi. Ultra-fast 5G WiFi offers you a much smoother and more lag free online video streaming experience. With a Bluetooth connection, you can connect to various bluetooth speakers and headphones, offering excellent sound quality and louder sound without connecting to a wired external speaker.
- 【🔥250'' large image size, Image zoom 60% to 100%】Artlii Energon 2 offers a display 44" - 250", projector distance is 5ft-27ft. Aspect ratio is 4:3/16:9/Auto. Manual ± 15 ° keystone correction. You can customize your projection screen size from 60% to 100% by remote control or manually.
- 【🔥Versatile Digital Connectivity】 Artlii home theater projector supports HDMI / USB / VGA / AV / SD card input / audio output 3.5mm / Bluetooth. It can be connected not only wireless but also wired. HDMI and USB port design makes it easier to connect streaming TV sticks, PCs, laptops, MacBooks, smartphones, Blu-ray disc players, and gaming consoles.
First Impression & Design
The Artlii Energon 2 is a successor to the Artlii Energon, which was an excellent projector in itself. From a design point of view, the Artlii Energon 2 is a significant departure from the original Energon. The newer iteration offers better features and improved picture quality, which we’ll discuss later.
Within the package, the projector comes within a zippered carrying case. The projector and all the accessories are included within the case. As a result, you can easily carry this projector anywhere with you with the help of this grey-colored carrying case.
After opening the carrying case, you are greeted with the projector, wrapped in a transparent plastic bag. You also get a power cable, HDMI cable, AV cable, and a compact remote control.
At first look, the Artlii Energon 2 looks stunning. It has a plastic casing, but the design looks cool and apt for modern standards. The design is clean, and the gunmetal finish has a charm of its own.
In contrast to its minimal design, the Artlii Energon 2 comes with several connectivity options. It includes – 2x HDMI ports, VGA port, USB power out, USB 2.0 port, AV port, micro SD card slot, and a headphone jack. While the Energon 2’s wired connectivity might clamor you, it also comes with several wireless options. You get Bluetooth connectivity, plus Miracast and Airplay support.
In terms of design, the Artlii Energon 2 looks very clean. The design is much better compared to my favorite budget projector, i.e., the Yaber Pro V7.
The projector’s front is minimal and sports a large projection lens, and is covered by a lens cover. You can also notice an infrared sensor in the center, which slightly spoils the overall look.
Just above the projection lens, you’ll notice a focus wheel to set the projector’s focus properly. Next to the focus wheel, there are several navigation buttons and menu button. The top also looks clean and carries a minimal look.
Suppose you’re wondering about the keystone correction wheel. In that case, it is located at the projector’s back along with the connectivity options. However, you only get a measly ±15° keystone correction.
The projector’s bottom has mounting holes to ceiling mount this projector. In addition, there is a button to release the kickstand, which sets the projector at an inclined angle.
Built Quality & Performance
As mentioned above, the Artlii Energon 2 is a plastic build projector, and the build quality feels suitable for the pricing. However, the projector looks slightly bulky and measures 12.2 x 10.24 x 4.33 inches in width, depth, and height. Moreover, the projector weighs close to 6 pounds; hence, it isn’t heavy if you plan to take it to your friend’s house for movie night or use it for Halloween effects.
Now that we’ve gone through the projector’s design and build quality. Let’s jump into the Energon 2’s performance and what you can expect.
Setting up the Artlii Energon 2 is straightforward. Compared to other budget projectors, I love the menu design on this projector. Just like the projector’s design, the menu looks clean and is easy to navigate.
The Artlii Energon 2 is a long throw projector. You’ll need close to 10 feet from the projection surface to generate a ~100-inch screen. In a light-controlled room, the picture quality looks stunning, attributed to the projector’s 340 ANSI lumens brightness and 7000:1 contrast ratio. As a result, movies and TV shows look incredible on this projector.
On top of that, the Artlii Energon 2 has 1920 x 1080p Full HD native resolution, plus it also supports up to 4K content. Suppose you’re planning to buy an affordable projector for your kids. In that case, the Artlii Energon 2 has the right amount of color saturation to make colors pop in animated movies pop.
Having said that, this projector also works well for adults or dorm room usage. Once you pair it with a good-quality projection screen, you’ll get deeper blacks and brighter whites.
It is almost 2022 now, and using wired connectivity might seem old school. In this case, you can wirelessly connect and stream your smartphone, tablet, or laptop content onto the projector.
Just connect to the projector’s Wi-Fi, and you’re good to go. Having said that, content copyrighted apps like Netflix or Amazon Prime Video don’t work on this projector. To watch Netflix and other video streaming apps, a streaming media player will solve your problem.
Other than movies and TV shows, you can also use the Artlii Energon 2 for gaming. You can connect your Xbox or PlayStation to this projector via HDMI and play your favorite games. During casual usage, it’s hard to notice any lag; however, it doesn’t have a low-lag guarantee like our favorite gaming projector.
Important Features & Functions
- Easy to Navigate Menu: If you’ve used cheap projectors before, you must have had a crappy experience while going through the projector’s menu. Hence a well-designed menu design and navigation are highly appreciated. As a result, even first-time use can go through numerous functions and features that this projector offers.
- Wireless Connectivity: As seen above, the Artlii Energon 2 offers several wired connectivity options. On top of that, you also get wireless connectivity options, which is a big boon. You can wirelessly connect this projector to your smartphone, tablet, and laptop and effortlessly do screen mirroring.
- Higher Brightness & Contrast: Inexpensive projectors are notorious for low brightness and contrast ratio. However, you get 340 ANSI lumens brightness and a 7000:1 contrast ratio. 340 ANSI lumens is good enough to use this projector in an 80% dim room. However, the projection starts to fade once you introduce ambient light or use this during the daytime.
Artlii Energon 2 Review: Pros & Cons
The Artlii Energon 2 is a stunning projector at an affordable price. While several affordable projectors are available in the market; however, the Energon 2 does them one better by offering a beautiful design.
The minimalist and gunmetal finish looks fantastic and modern, whereas you get several wired and wireless connectivity options. Moreover, suppose you connect an Amazon Fire TV stick or Chromecast. In that case, you can turn it into a smart projector for a meager price.
Compared to our favorite affordable projector, i.e., the Yaber Pro V7, the Artlii Energon 2 offers similar performance and features. Hence, you won’t go wrong by choosing either of the projectors.
However, if you love the Artlii Energon 2 for its design and features, I’d suggest going with closed eyes.